Friday, July 21, 2006

The Hot Factor

Kat poses the question, "just how far does confidence go in comparison to being physically hot? maybe better said: my body doesn't look like the chicas on tv or the movies with maybe the exception of queen latifa. so, taking into consideration that i tend to carry myself rather well and am (usually) quite presentable, just how much of a hurdle is not being a skinny-bean from dude-ville's perspective?"

Dudes are dicks when it comes to this. You know and I know that most dudes prefer Barbie dolls because that is what they have been shown from their youth. Nigel is no Ken, so he understands your point of view. In fact, chicks can sometimes frown on a "fat dude". Nigel thinks that you have to see through the cover of the book. Most dudes think otherwise. However, there are a lot of dudes out there -- like Nigel -- who are going to be more than happy to be with a girl like you. Confidence is definitely key. Queen Latifah is hot because she -- as you would say -- "carries herself well" and she has a hell of a personality. That combination can be extremely lethal for some guys who are looking for more than just a Barbie Doll. Just think about it, Kat. Not every married woman (or dating woman) is a string bean. Curves can be infectious. Overall, be happy with the way you are. Show the dudes that there is much more to you than "not looking like the chicas on tv..." A real dude will like you just the way you are.

Honestly,
Ike.

2 Comments:

At 2:03 AM, Blogger Rachel Heather said...

I agree with Dude partly here

Confidence is the key to everything.

Kat I don't look like the girls on TV either. I am skinny and toned BUT I am also short. 4'11" to be exact.

When I was younger I felt horribly horribly insecure about my height. I even went to a doctor to ask about growth hormones. And, of course the inner feeling of myself reflected on my outer circumstance and most guys loved me as the "lil sis" type. I was the "buddy"

As I got older and grew to love myself and be confident in myself for who I am that affected the inner me and the signal I sent out and therefore guys stopped looking at me as the "lil sis" and more like "whoa I wanna date her"!

EVERYONE - even the girls on tv - have something about them they don't like. If it is not their body, then it is their brain. If it is not their brain it is their nose. If it is not their nose it is their thighs..etc. etc. etc.

The key is finding parts of you that you love and just focusing on that.

P.S Even Halle Barry has been dumped before :P

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Kathryn Craven said...

i can live with y'all's perspectives. i don't need the majority of guys to think i'm hot because, frankly, i thing that would be rather uncomfortable. i just like knowing that i don't have to be a fetish. scary. i don't find a whole lot of guys to actually be attractive, so being the reverse is fine.

i's feel better now. good times. and hey, i make a fabulous pillow. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home