Thursday, August 03, 2006

How Long Should We Wait Before Doing It?

Erloteiel asks:

Question, Nigel:How many "countless hours of courting" are too many? In other words, how long is too long to wait before going all the way?

I am not sure I am the person to be asking this question to. As a dude, I have to say a few hours. Personally, I had a one night stand that started 15 minutes after I met a woman. Of course, I was young and we were drunk. I can't totally condone that. But, the real answer is you have to be comfortable with your dude. Unless you are unbelievably horny, you should never just settle on doing some dude. Is it a few dates? A month? Two? Remember, dudes get tired when you hold out, and we start to look elsewhere. You don't want that to happen. And, you should never talk about it. It should never be addressed the way it was in "40 Year Old Virgin" where Steve Carrell and his girlfriend decided together that 20 dates would be appropriate. Just do it when you feel it's right. Also, you can't always count on a dude to make that move. Sometimes, you have to put the move on him (because he is too stupid to realize it's time).

4 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger Jaymie said...

Never just settle for some dude, eh? Well aren't you in total opposition with my latest blog. Hell I'm even bragging about it.

You might have to come up with a seperate set of rules for me Nigel.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hell, nigel - you're in total opposition of yourself on this one..... you talk about how you have a one night stand but tell us not to settle...

and you trashed me when i used the word "courting" but went with it here.... i see who's keeping you warm at night - uh hu....

j/k - still love your advice

 
At 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all settle "for some dude" at least once or twice (okay maybe more than that) in our sexy lives. However, maybe Nigel is talking about someone we really feel is worth being in a relationship with.

However, if you just want to have sex, who cares? Do it as fast as you want:)

But I agree, do it when it feels right. No need for predetermined time or dates.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Samsara said...

Great advice again, Nigel. Thanks! And extra thanks for the insightful comments you left for me on my blog. Very helpful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home