Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Rachel Has Questions, We Have Answers

Rachel asks, "What is the best way for a girl to snag a guy she likes without scaring him off?"

Sex. Give us sex, and we will trail you around like puppy dogs. Honestly, just ask us if we want to go out for some drinks. We are always game for that, and we'll appreciate you thinking about it first. Just talk to us, but not so much as to talk our ears off. Then kiss us at the end of the night like we have never been kissed before. Next thing you know, we're yours.

Rachel asks, "Do guys care about girls being financially independant [sic]?"

Personally, I would like my girlfriend to be fiscally responsible. That's not necessarily independent, but close. We don't really care what you do with your money, but we want you to be prudent with ours -- especially when things are serious. If you waste our money, we're going to waste you. The bottom line here is that most professional men do care about their women and money. We do want you to be financially independent, but we also want you to be careful with any lion's share of our money, too.

Rachel asks, "Do you believe that book 'He's Just Not that Into You?'"

I am not really familiar with the book, so it would be unwise for me to comment.

Rachel asks, "Will you marry me?"

While that's the best proposal I have had in a long time, I am afraid I'll have to pass. You are in LA, and I am stuck in Cleveland. Parts of me just can't extend that far.

Rachel asks, "Do men think about having kids and all that like women do?"

We think about it, just not as much as you do. Like you, the older we get, the more we think about it -- basically because you have trained us to think about these things. Those of us who are totally turned off by the prospect end up single in our early 40s wondering where we went wrong. Those of us who want a wife and family strike while the iron is hot -- usually before we turn 40.

1 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, Blogger Zambo said...

Hey Nigel!

Or should I start with "Dear Nigel,"?...Good advice!

I'm gonna have to come back and read this blog from the beginning...as it's getting rather late and my eyes hurt at the moment...

I've read "He's Just Not That Into You" and "It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken"...Though Greg Behrendt's a pretty funny guy, I was not overly amused by these books. Like most situations, people usually know what's wrong and how to go about fixing it, but think they need tools like these books to help them out...(and to help them overcome their apparent victimization)...There's really nothing in these books that a person of sound judgement doesn't already know...But they do provide encouragement and little pats on the back...And Oprah said they were good...

Anyway, that's about it for now...

Take care out there, Nigel!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home